Open Community Meditation - Benefit Drive
Twice Monthly Silent Seated Self-guided Meditation
3rd Friday of the month 5:00 pm – 5:30 pm (Jan 16, Feb 20, Mar 20, Apr 17)
1st Tuesday of the month 12:10pm – 12:40pm (Feb 3, Mar 3, Apr 7)
by Voluntary Donation.
Proceeds will go to the Comox Valley Land Trust and MARS Mountainaire Avian Rescue Society.
These gatherings are designed to offer space and time for Silent Seated Meditation.
"Beginners" (we are all beginners!) are welcome.
Registration is not required.
Here is what to expect:
- an information sheet with some ideas and tips for your Silent Seated Meditation practice.
- someone at the door to greet participants.
- the meditation room is quiet, with conversation kept for orientation and guidance.
- meditation cushions or chairs are arranged in a circle.
- a bell or a gong will indicate time of complete silence.
- meditation will be in silence for 30 minutes, with a chime to signal the end.
- leaving earlier quietly is acceptable.
Doors open 10 minutes prior to meditation, if you need some time to move your body, stretch
and get settled, you can do so quietly on the outer edges of the circle.
No entrance after start.
Props are limited. If you need anything specific for sitting comfortably, please bring it along.
Meditation space will be held by:
Sheron Jutila of Yoga with Sheron, Arrow Gonsalves of Heart Drum Beat Yoga & Healing Services, and Theresa Brulotte of Balanced Being.
Voluntary Donations for: