Winter Solstice Meditation - Benefit Drive
Sunday December 21, from 5:20 - 6:00 pm
Voluntary Donation. Proceeds will go to the Comox Valley Land Trust.
Meditation space will be held by: Sheron Jutila of Yoga with Sheron, Arrow Gonsalves of Heart Drum Beat Yoga & Healing Services, and Theresa Brulotte of Balanced Being.
Our lives can be so busy and noisy! The longest night of the year is a particularly good time for people to slow down and reconnect with their own heart. This event will create a safe and peaceful space for anyone. Meditation generates inner peace and the ability to connect with yourself at a deeper level. There are many benefits to meditating with others.
These gatherings are designed to offer space and time for Silent Seated Meditation.
"Beginners" (we are all beginners!) are welcome.
Registration is not required.
Here is what to expect:
- an information sheet with some ideas and tips for your Silent Seated Meditation practice.
- someone at the door to greet participants.
- the meditation room is silent.
- meditation cushions or chairs are arranged in a circle.
- a bell or a gong will indicate time of complete silence.
- meditation will be in silence for 40 minutes, with a chime to signal the end, leaving conversation
for the reception area.
- leaving earlier quietly is acceptable.
Doors open 10 minutes prior to meditation, if you need some time to move your body, stretch
and get settled, you can do so quietly on the outer edges of the circle.
No entrance after 5:30pm.
Props are limited. If you need anything specific for sitting comfortably, please bring it along.
Voluntary Donations for: